+94 722 340440 | 2nd Floor, 28 Galle Rd, Dehiwala South
SCRIPTURE CONFESSIONS ON GOD'S PROSPERITY
One of the names of the Lord is ‘Jehovah Jireh’ which means ‘The Lord our provider.’ Everything on this earth and its fullness belongs to Him (Psalm 50:10-12; Psalm 24:1). He is the God of more than enough and His resources never run dry. It is not His will that we remain in lack and want.
As we begin to speak and obey these biblical promises of prosperity, we will see the blessing of the Lord overflowing in our lives!
- We honour the Lord with our possessions and with the firstfruits of all our increase; so our barns will be filled with plenty, and our vats will overflow with new vine. (Prov 3:9-10)
- As we give it shall be given unto us: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over shall men give into our bosom. For with the same measure that we use, it will be measured back to us. We give generously and keep increasing more and more. (Luke 6:38, Prov 11:24, Ps 115:14)
- We shall remember the Lord our God, for it is He that gives us the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to our fathers, as it is this day. (Deut 8:18)
- Christ has redeemed us from the curse of poverty! He became a curse for us so that we might receive the blessing of Abraham. All these blessings shall come upon us and overtake us, because we obey the voice of the Lord our God. Everything that we set our hands to is blessed. (Gal 3:13, 14; Deut 28:2,8)
- Thus says the Lord, our Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord Your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.” (Is 48:17)
- The blessing of the Lord makes us rich and adds no sorrow with it. We trust in the living God who gives us all things richly to enjoy. We are blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. (Prov 10:22, 1 Tim 6:17b, Eph 1:3)
- As we bring our tithes and offerings into the storehouse, the Lord opens the windows of heaven and pours out a blessing! We sow bountifully and we shall reap bountifully. As we purpose in our heart we give; not grudgingly or of necessity for God loves a cheerful giver.
- God is able to make all grace abound toward us; that we, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. (Mal 3:10; 2 Cor 9:6-8)
- Above all things, God’s will is that we prosper and be in health even as our soul prospers.
- We will shout for joy, and be glad, that favour God’s righteous cause: yes, we say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which takes pleasure in our prosperity. (2 John 2, Ps 35:27)
- The God of heaven, he will prosper us. He is with us and we are prosperous people.
- People see that the Lord is with us, and that the Lord makes all that we do to prosper with our hands. The blessing of the Lord is upon all that we have in our house and in our work. This blessing is flowing into many other lives for our sake.
- God has given us the good of all this land and we shall eat the best of this land! (Neh 2:20, Gen 39:2,3,5; 45:18)
- As we are willing and obedient, we shall eat the good of the land. We shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord our God, that has dealt wondrously with us. We his people shall never be ashamed! (Isaiah 1:19; Joel 2:26)
- Our God supplies all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Lord, You are our Shepherd, we shall lack nothing. As we seek You, we shall not lack any good thing. (Phil 4:19, Psalm 23:1;34:10)
- Because we love You, You have caused us to inherit substance (wealth and true riches) and You fill our treasures. You have given us the treasures of darkness and hidden riches in secret places so that we know that You are the Lord who calls us by name. (Prov 8:21, Is 45:3)
- Jesus, You are our wisdom. We are happy because we have found Your wisdom and understanding! Through Your wisdom we have length of days, riches and honour. (Prov 3:13,16, 1 Cor 1:30)
Click on an image to view full size.